Your Privacy Rights
This policy is effective as of and was last updated on January 8th, 2018
We take your privacy seriously and we think it is important to tell you how we collect, use and protect your information when you use Folio, use our applications, or access our website (the “Services”).
What Information do we collect, and why?
“Personally Identifiable Information” or "Personal information," is private information about you that identifies you, such as your first name or first initial and last name, together with other information, such as your account number, credit or debit card number. It does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
Account and Billing Information. We collect, and associate with your account, information like your name, email address, phone number, and account activity. For users that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and third-party payment processors may collect and store billing, address and credit card information on our behalf, or we may do this ourselves. We use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
Service Use Information. Our Services are designed to help real estate professionals better organize and manage their transactions, and collaborate with others. When you use our Services, you provide us with access to things like your email, files, content, messages, contacts, detailed information about real transactions, and so on. When you authenticate your Google account (using Google / Gmail’s service), you give us permission to access your account. For example, we may securely access or store your name, your Gmail email address, your Gmail emails, and your Gmail contact list (including any images attached to contacts in the list) ("Service Use Information"). We use Service Use Information to effectively deliver the organization and workflow features of Folio.
Usage Information. We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like sharing, editing, and viewing). This information is collected so that we can improve the Services and provide quality customer care.
We also collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
Cookies and other technologies. We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like keeping you signed into the Services so you do not need to reauthenticate repeatedly, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this will limit your ability to use the Services.
Communicating with You
We may communicate with you by email, telephone, or text message if you’ve provided us the means to do so. This includes communications about us, our products, and the Services. We may communicate with you about the Service, sending administrative emails and messages, and to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them.
We may send emails about new product features or other news about Amitree. You can opt out of marketing and advertising communications at any time. If you do not want to receive these communications, please adjust your account settings or inform us by sending an email to: .
Information Collected by Other Websites
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Use of Information.
We may use and share Information in the following ways:
- Understanding and improving our Services. We carry out research and analyze trends to better understand how users are using the Services and improve them.
- Information that’s no longer personally identifiable: If we anonymize Personally Identifiable Information, so that you are not individually identified, we may provide that information, as well as aggregate usage information, to others.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your personally identifiable information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use third-party hosting providers or software developers to help implement and maintain the Services. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us in providing the Services to you.
- Related Companies: We may share your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With your Permission: For example, we may share a home buyer’s Information with insurance carriers offering the third-party insurance products made available to you through the Services, provided that you and/or the home buyer have provided permission either explicitly or by visiting or interacting with the third-party via the Services.
- Third-Party Analytics Services. We share information with third-party analytics services to obtain, compile and analyze information (that may include personally identifying information) about how users are using and interacting with the Services. Some information is automatically collected from or about you when you use our Services. The analytics services may also collect the following from your use of our Services: the time of an event, how you came to Amitree’s site, what search engine and search keywords you may have used to get to our site, information about the device you are on such as your operating system, and browser, as well as your city/country location, tokens and IDs for push notifications. In addition, we may collect on our behalf data such as your age, IP addresses, user names, real names, email and email addresses, transaction information, and other custom properties. We may provide personal information to these analytics providers for obtaining statistics and other information about how users are using and interacting with the Services. We have no responsibility for the technologies, tools or practices of the third-parties that providing analytics products and services to us. Your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and that browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques.
- Third-Party Real Estate Analytics Services. We share information with third-party real estate analytics services (that may include personally identifying information) who may compile and analyze this information for obtaining statistics and other information related to real estate transactions and trends. These third party real estate analytics services, in partnership with Amitree, may not publicly disclose any personally identifying information and may only access such personally identifying information as deemed necessary to build statistical models and analytics of real estate transactions and trends.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
We use diligent efforts to keep your information secure. We continue to work on features to keep your information safe. You can find out more about our efforts to keep your data secure here: www.amitree.com/security.
We use third-party service providers such as Heroku and Amazon to host our services. You can read more about their security practices on their websites.
We may retain Your Information for as long as we need it to provide you the Services. If you delete your account, we'll also delete this information. There might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage. We may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Children Under 13
It’s obvious, but the Services are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Do not register or attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. It is not allowed. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at .
Service Intended for United States and Canadian Residents
The Service is hosted on servers in the United States of America and is intended for use for real estate transactions in the United States and Canada.
Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences
You may update correct your personal information through your account pages, where you can update basic account settings, such as your name, email, password, certain preferences.
If you have questions, you can contact us at , and you can also write to us at Amitree, Inc., 584 Castro Street #851, San Francisco, CA 94114, Attention: Privacy Officer.
California Code Notice.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third-parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third-parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to